Full Time Permanent Position – 37 Hours Per Week. Salary – TBC
Thorpewood Medical Group is a SystemOne Surgery based East of Norwich central with a patient list of nearly 14,000. We have a vacancy for the position of Lead IT Administrator.
As a practice we strive to provide high quality care and pride ourselves on excellent team-working. We are a forward thinking and progressive practice, with a dedicated team of staff including GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, HCAs and a committed Administration Team. We currently enjoy extended Allied Professional Services. This means our Allied Professional Team stretches to include a Physician’s Associate, Clinical Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician.
The Surgery has recently commenced utilising Econsult. This has increased access to our services and has presented a further range of tools to respond to patient needs.
If you take a pride in your work, have a committed approach to patient care and especially enjoy being part of a team, we would really like to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to join and lead a busy and vibrant IT scanning team. We are looking to recruit an experienced Support Technician. This is to provide support for all Surgery users in all areas of IT. The role includes reporting faults with follow up enquiries and ensuring resolutions, along with being part of conception, design and implementation of any new IT solution. If you believe you can look after the Surgery IT, we would like you to consider applying.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it is necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Informal visits and enquiries in the first instance please to Andy Cutting Practice Manager, Thorpewood Medical Group, Norwich, NR7 9QL. Tel: 01603 701833. Application by letter and CV to Surgery. Please apply by 29 July 2021.
Job Title: Lead IT Administrator
Reports to: Practice Manager
Responsible for: Scanning Administration Team.
Hours: Full Time – 37 Hours per week
The purpose of the role is to:
Provide technological support and administrative responsibilities to enable the Surgery to function smoothly with Clinical and Business functions, efficiently and in a safe environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The postholder will a Surgery Super-User of technology systems at the Practice. This will include:
- Being a proficient user of the listed Surgery Systems.
- Maintaining the Gateway into the Clinical system in the Surgery.
- SPOC for the Surgery and Users for all Information Technology enquiries.
- SPOC for the Surgery Clinical SystemOne and subsequent staff trainer.
- Sponsor and Systems Support Access responsibilities for setting up new users with Smartcards.
- Representing the Surgery on IT Digital Projects and assisting in Surgery development.
- Responsible for the maintenance and changes to the Surgery Website, along with maintaining a business relationship with service providers (Silicon Practice).
- Act as Privacy Officer under GDPR, Data Protection and conduct associated audits for Information Governance.
- Monitoring and guidance for Patient Access Systems to the Surgery, including EConsult, FootFall and the surgery email account.
- Utilisation of Accubook system to facilitate Appointment Booking for Covid and other Vaccine campaigns.
- SPOC for Clinical Commissioners Computer Support Unit and Ardens Gem Service providers.
- Responsible for setting up all new users on Windows access, SystemOne, etc.
- Arrange and set up remote working for Clinicians.
- Conduct and monitor Patient Registration and Change of Details.
- Supervision of Scanning Admin Team.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately. This is to be observed at all times.
- In the performance of the duties the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate procedures, such as Infection Control and electric wire management, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity:
The post holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, Carers, colleagues and all visitors
- Behaving in a manner that is welcoming, non-judgmental and respects everyone’s circumstances and rights
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and other’s health, safety and security as defined in published procedures.
This will include:
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients’ needs
- Participate in the appraisal system and complete appropriate training and development.
- Actively reporting health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognized.
- Demonstrate due regard and commitment for safeguarding.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services
Complete any other task reasonably requested. Flexibility required with working hours to help cover sickness/holiday.
- GP to GP integration on patient registration.
- Monitor, conduct and allocate workflow, tasks and scanning.
- Conduct recalls, coding and search reports as required.
- Set up reports to capture clinical outputs.
- Monitor Quality Outcomes Framework. Report on Performance of the Surgery.
- Prepare and issue campaign texts, letters and notifications for patients.
- Complete Online access applications.
- EPS – Prescription issue.
- Windows Access and Microsoft N365 Office/Outlook
- MS Teams
- Open Exeter (Child Immunisation stats)
- E Consult
- Support & Monitor Scanning Team running of system.
- Conduct & allocate in the absence of a Scanner.
- Complete actions and close when required.
- NHS Portal & E Mail. Respond to NHS App enquiries.
- Accurx – Video Consult facility & Accubook appointments
- Care Quality Reporting System (CQRS)
- NHS IT Toolkit
- Dragon voice activated system.
- Compliance Manager
- NWRS – NHS reporting data system
- DA Language Line.
- Surgery Screen running
- Wavenet Telephony – technical support where required.
Person Specification – Lead IT Administrator
|Education and Qualifications||· Good standard of English and Maths.
· Computing qualification.
|· Primary Care certificate of achievement.|
|Experience||· 1 Year in a Primary Care setting
· Depth understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft application software and Office 365
· Ability to diagnose and resolve software issues.
· Good understanding and operating of SystemOne Clinical System
· Admin experience including the ability to build reports in a technical system.
|· Evidence Technical problem solving|
|Knowledge||· MS Exchange
· Desktop and Laptop hardware
· Software User Support
|· Quality Outcome Framework|
|Personal Qualities||· Demonstrable Team Work ethic
· Adaptable, open to change, and willing to take on challenges with enthusiasm
· Willing to undertake additional duties as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the Surgery