Advanced Nurse Practitioners
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) is an autonomous clinician who can diagnose minor, acute and chronic disease/illness, order investigations, provide appropriate treatment for patients including prescribing medications and make referrals to other agencies where required (including hospital referrals). This includes comprehensive history taking, physical examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Masters level (Hons) Paediatric Clinical Assessment module.
- BSc (Hons) Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- BSc (Hons) Independent Non-Medical Prescribing.
- BSc (Hons) Advanced Nursing Practice.
- BA (Hons) Policy, Planning and Leadership.
- BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing.
- Masters level Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- Masters level Independent Supplementary Prescribing.
Their work includes the care of patients with diabetes, asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). They also see patients for injections, immunisations, dressings, hypertension monitoring, travel advice, cytology screening and contraception.
Kevin Harris – Nurse Prescriber/Primary Care Specialist Nurse